Auction Terms & Conditions Frank Hall Appraisals and Estate Sales Online Auction Terms and Conditions
2.Upon completing the registration all parties bidding in the sale shall be held responsible to have informed themselves as to the terms and conditions published on the Website.
3. In order to bid on our online auction you must register on the Website, which requires a valid credit card and contact information.
4. All sales are final and there are no refunds, no exchanges, no retraction of bids and no returns accepted. All items that are offered by auction may be subject to an opening bid increment.
4B. ALL AUCTIONS ARE LISTED AS UNRESERVED, HOWEVER, SOME ITEMS MAY BE LISTED WITH A LOW OPENING BID AT THE DISCRETION OF THE AUCTION COMPANY IN ORDER TO EXPEDITE THE BIDDING PROCESS.
5.Halls Appraisals Ltd agrees to exercise reasonable care in cataloging and describing sale items to be sold, but we do not warrant the correctness of description, genuineness, authenticity or condition of said property. All statements made to the authorship, origin, age, date, attribution, provenance or condition of any item for sale is statement of opinion and is not to be relied upon as a representation of fact.
6. All items are sold on a ‘as is, where is’ basis, no guarantee is given as to their condition or suitability. You are able to inspect items that are available for bidding in person during the pre scheduled dates and times for viewing. This is recommended in order to determine its condition, size and whether or not it has been repaired or restored. By placing a bid online you agree that you have either inspected the respective lot, or have waived your right to do so.
7. Bids are to be per lot as specified in the catalogue.
8. Bid Increments are as follows:
Bid Price (Up to) Increments
9. Online auctions begin and end at a predetermined date and time. If bidding occurs within the last 3 minutes the auction will be extended another 3 minutes until bidding has ended.
10. Terms are cash, cheque or credit card. A 3% fee will be added if paid by credit card. All Items purchased must be paid in full before removal from the auction premises. A buyer’s premium of 10% will be added to the bid price, plus GST.
11. The highest bidder acknowledged by Hall’s Appraisals Ltd will be the buyer. In the event of any dispute between bidders or in the event of doubt on our part as to the validity of any bid, we will have the final discretion to determine the successful bidder, cancel the sale or to re-offer and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, our sales record is conclusive.
12. The buyer will be responsible for paying any shipping, insurance, postage and delivery costs in addition to any final purchase and hammer prices. All items will be shipped via common carrier unless otherwise instructed. All items for shipping must be arranged within two days of the sale end.
13. Once a bid has been confirmed you are entering a legal binding contract with Hall’s Appraisals Ltd. By bidding you authorize us to charge your credit card the full amount of any purchases made. You understand and agree that your deposit will be forfeited and may be applied to the account for the obligations due. Items not paid for in full, claimed, shipped, or picked up, in accordance with the terms and conditions of sale and within 14 days of the sale conclusion, will be considered abandoned and resold in a future auction sale without notice. Any deposits on hand will be forfeited and non-complying buyers/bidders will be blacklisted on future auction sales.
14. In the event of electronic failure for any reason during the auction sale, all items sold will be due and payable at the time of failure. We reserve the right to cancel the remainder of the auction sale in the event the electronic failure cannot be rectified in a reasonable time. Items may be re-offered in a future auction sale.
15. While every attempt to ensure accuracy on our website, Hall’s Appraisals Ltd does not warrant that product specifications, pricing, or other content on the Website is complete, accurate, or error-free.
16. Lots purchased must be picked up on the Tuesday and Thursday following the sale between 9:00am and 5:00pm or within 5 business days of sale ending if specifically arranged. Items that have not been picked up within this time frame will be charged a $5 storage fee per item per day without exception.
17. As a result of your participation in our online auctions, or by inclusion on our mailing and e-mail notification list, we may have collected some or all of the following personal information: name, address, postal/zip code, telephone number, e-mail address, and credit card information. This personal information will only be used by Hall’s Appraisals Ltd to provide you with information regarding our products and services, namely upcoming auctions and events.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms